Sunday, March 21, 2010

Milan Rhinos vs. Parma Panthers


On a rainy night in Milan the Rhinos faced the Panthers from Parma (The team made famous from the book Playing For Pizza ). It was a hard fought battle between the teams and unfortunately the rhinos did not come out on top, which is why I (Brock) am writing this blog post because Lauren made it clear that she does not want to talk about the game anymore and “She does not do well with loosing.” Let’s face it, no one does. I am not going to go on and on about this game for obvious reasons but I will say this; our offense is improving every week. Parma is one of the stronger teams in the league every year, and our offense really held their own against a tough Parma defense. We were the first team to score which began the ongoing battle all game. Not one score went unanswered until Parma scored with only a few minutes left. We received the ball back and were not able to convert on a 4th and 8 on about the 40 yard line which ultimately ended the game. We have a long break until our next match against Rome. This will enable us to get back on track, get to the drawing board, and put our team back on track for the rest of the season.


Sorry for the short blog post but like I said earlier, no one likes losing. BUT… you go home after the game, get some sleep, wake up the next day and keep on pluggin away. When it is all said and done it is just a game but between you and me …. and Lauren because she will make it known how she feels ;)… it feels A LOT better when you win.

2 comments:

  1. My cousin is in Parma playingon their team from the US...unfortunately, I'm not able to watch him play :( I pretty much went to every HS, university and la avengers game he played, so it sucks not being able to watch him play. So basically what I'm asking is if there is a website that i can watch them on or if they are on youtube. i see you aren't panther fans, so sorry for asking advice ;) by the way, this little website you both have set up is adorable!!! hope your marriage is blessed and thank you for you help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure about the Parma's team website, but I know the Rhinos' (www.rhinos.it) has all the games up to watch. You can check our site out and watch the match between us and Parma. Ask you cousin about a Parma's website...I'm sure they have one!
    P.S.
    I was a Parma fan from reading the book Playing for Pizza but since my husband went with the Rhinos...I had to give that up:]

    ReplyDelete