Friday, February 5, 2010

Night Life in Milan

Other than going to the Bistro Café the first night with some of the players, Brock and I truly hadn’t experienced the “night life” of Milan. The players have been great about inviting Brock and I places. This adventure, in particular, leaves me laughing well after the night had ended.

After practice Thursday night, Davide (Daddi) informed us that “Every Thursday night is night out for good time with team.” So we couldn’t pass up an opportunity to have “good night with team.” As I’ve said before…NO ONE HAS GIRLFRIENDS OR WIVES… but I was still invited. Fracesco Roccotiello; we call him “Rocco” or “Rocky”, one of the players came with Brock in the car, after practice, to pick me up and take me to a Techno Club. First thought, we left the house at 12:30am for this event… I thought to myself, “Well, how long will we stay, I’m already a little tired.” We arrive and there is a very long line, Second thought, “Wow, it’s cold outside, how long will I be waiting out here?!” I did not vocalize any of my concerns because naturally I stick out like a sore thumb with a group of guys who are on the prowl and I was not about to make myself look like a bigger loser.

Because the guys were football players and they had three very large, athletic Americanos with them (Brock, Nick and Jason the running back), we jumped the line and the bouncers let us right in. “Rocco you’re the man!” Rocco’s modest response, “Ok! I know. Let’s go party!” Now, Brock and I are not club goers or techno music fans by any means, but the atmosphere was nothing like we’ve ever experienced before and next thing we knew….we were fist pumping to the beat!

All our Italian friends were surrounding us in a circle and we just nodded and bounced to the rhythm. We’ve never laughed so hard in our lives. There were true, die hard, Techno junkies who were really into it and dressed the part. The Americans would just keep looking at each other, laugh, and point to what funny site we saw. We would imitate the dance moves of the Techno Italianos. They love to enjoy life and party. Rocco and Daddi kept making sure we were having a good time and throughout the night they would yell Brock’s name and give him a high 5! We left around 3am and I looked at Brock as we were leaving and I shouted to him (since we couldn’t hear because of the loud music): “Who would have thought, Lauren leaving a Techno Club at 3am?” And again, we just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment