Friday, April 23, 2010

“I’ve got a package for you!”

Every time we hear Guido say these 6 words, Brock and I become ecstatic! Although living in Milan and travelling around Italy has been more than a dream come true, we still miss home. Luckily, we are beyond blessed with wonderful friends and family who think about us, support us, encourage us, and love us unconditionally.

Earlier this week, when Brock was gone at practice, and I was left for 6 hours at night…with no one to annoy; I was feeling a little sad and lonely. I curled up in bed, with a good book, and waited for my husband to walk through the door so I could flood his ears with silly girl nonsense he honestly couldn’t care less about. When he came home, he was holding a package from one of my dear college friends from Liberty, Rachel! I was beyond thrilled… “It is finally here!” As I opened the package I found the promised books she sent. I was also surprised to find an envelope with letters and cards. “Weird, we thought. How did a letter from my mom get in here? Maybe Customs combined our mail.” But as we continued to go through the envelope we found a card from my grandma and one for his, a letter from my sister and his parents, letters from college roommates and prayer leaders. “Do you think someone organized this?” We were shocked, blessed, and speechless; we felt so loved. God’s timing was perfect on the delivery. He knew that on that night I needed it the most.

Being in Italy there are a few things that we have had to do without; silly things; food things. Things we CAN live without but just wish we could have and taste. Package number 2 arrived on Brock’s second night of practice. Another night I was alone. When Brock came through the door, I was in disbelief that there could be yet another package for us! This one was from my parents. When we opened it, the top was layered with Kit-Kat bars. Under them we found People Magazines for me, Reader’s Digests, as well as American gum, Cheez Its, Trail Mix, and Pretzels. For the Grand Finale, and Brock’s favorite, we were overly excited to find Hungry Jack’s Pancake mix with Syrup! Oh, and I can’t forget the chocolate chips too! For those of you who know my husband, the only way he eats his pancakes are with lots of chocolate chips!

So this morning I was woken up by my anxious husband who couldn’t wait to make breakfast. And as I wrote this blog, my belly was happily full with delicious pancakes and sweet syrup. For today’s agenda: hitting the gym. Thank you to all of our family and friends who cover us in prayer and lend us words of encouragement and support. Without you, being here would be close to impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment